Creating Consciousness Episode Description
While scrolling through TikTok the other day I saw a comment that said, “FINALLY–– someone that explains what shadow work is and how to do it. Everyone’s just like ‘do shadow work.’ But HOW?”
I felt that.
When I first started my healing journey, I was so confused about what it is and how to do it. But I quickly learned that there isn’t a set way–– that the best form of shadow work is what works for you. The way I do shadow work is completely different than what the TikTok creator was suggesting and that’s okay. She’s doing what works for her.
In this episode of Creating Consciousness, we dive into all things shadow work! We discuss what it is, the psychological foundation of shadow work, the subconscious and unconscious mind and how they affect us, a formula I use to do shadow work, and how to integrate your shadow into your life. As always, at the end of the episode, you’re provided with a single oracle card reading to help you tackle the energies of the week ahead.
If you have a moment, please take this survey to let us know how we can improve your listening experience.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora, iHeartRadio, PlayerFM, or Listen Notes
If you enjoy this episode, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
P.S. If you DM us a screenshot of your review, we’ll send you something special!
- [00:00:38] Podcast begins.
- [00:00:48] How are you enjoying the longer episodes?
- [00:01:45] Today’s topic.
- [00:02:30] You’ve probably heard the term shadow work, but have no idea what it is or how to do it. This is standard in the wellness and spiritual communities.
- [00:03:25] Shadow work was brought to the western world by Psychologist Carl Jung. Shadow is the dark side of our personality. It’s the part of us that holds our repressed emotions, unresolved trauma, and our ego-based actions. It’s the part of our human self that we refused to face because it has not been brought to light.
- [00:04:20] The shadow lacks consciousness.
- [00:04:30] Every person in this world has a shadow, no matter how healed they are (or proclaim to be).
- [00:05:20] At the moment of birth and death are the only times we are void of shadow. Our shadow begins to develop as we face the expectations of our parents and society.
- [00:06:45] Understanding the shadow thought the wounded child archetype.
- [00:08:10] Your fated life vs. your destiny.
- [00:09:11] Projection, triggers, and patterns to identify the shadow.
- [00:10:18] Your shadow is good–– it helps you identify what needs healing.
- [00:10:48] How do I do shadow work?
- [00:14:10] Step 1: Centering yourself and setting your space.
- [00:17:16] Step 2: Supporting yourself through affirmation
- [00:18:10] Step 3: Meditation
- [00:20:10] Step 4: Journaling and repeating the process
- [00:21:30] Step 5: Integration
- [00:23:30] Shadow work is part of our responsibility as spiritual beings having a human experience. The shadow never goes away, but always provides us with information for integration.
- [00:25:00] You don’t have to do shadow work this way. Take what works and leave what doesn’t. You know yourself better than anyone.
- [00:26:00] Rebecca explains her Intuitive Healing Containers for listeners. Visit www.thisconsciousness.com for more.
- [00:27:38] This week’s card reading. The 8 of Cups and the 7 of Pentacles.
- [00:30:36] Episode ends.
People and Resources Mentioned
This Consciousness Intuitive Healing Containers
This Consciousness Energy Sessions
This Week’s Card Reading Affirmation
“I fully accept myself and I am worthy of achieving my goals”
Repeat this affirmation to yourself throughout the week. Feel it and believe it.
[…] [00:18:04] Want to learn more about shadow work? Tune in. […]