Creating Consciousness Episode Description
In today’s episode of Creating Consciousness, we are joined by the amazing Malia Luna. Malia is a ceremonial tattoo artist who uncovered her abilities during some of her deepest healing. As she dove deeper into her work with tattoo and tattoo as medicine, she had a strong remembrance for this being a transformative and shamanic practice.
Although Malia’s ceremonies have taken many forms, her work has always honored that we are in constant co-creation with Spirit. Malia combines plant medicines, energy work, and sound and vibration in all her tattoo ceremonies. In this episode you will learn more about Malia, her healing and spiritual journey, and her tattoo ceremonies. I might also get share my personal experience with Malia and her work.
If you have a moment, please take this survey to let us know how we can improve your listening experience.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora, iHeartRadio, PlayerFM, or Listen Notes
If you enjoy this episode, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
P.S. If you DM us a screenshot of your review, we’ll send you something special!
- [00:00:38] Podcast begins.
- [00:01:30] Today’s guest is Malia Luna, a ceremonial tattoo artist. In this episode, you will learn about Malia and how she began her work.
- [00:03:30] Ad. Get 20% off all Energy Sessions with This Consciousness when you use code SHADOW at check out. Visit www.thisconsciousness.com/book-now.
- [00:05:52] Malia’s spiritual profile.
- [00:07:18] Malia explains her work. It is something she learned all on her own through her own healing journey. Malia also expands on how tattooing came into her life in a rather synchronized way.
- [00:11:30] Malia further elaborates on her travels, spiritual awakening, and downloads she received about tattooing and how her ceremonies came to be.
- [00:13:00] “And then the deeper that I went into my own healing journey, like, did a lot of clearing a lot of release, a lot began to open up in my own being, and I started to be really intentional with my practice” – Malia Luna
- [00:14:50] “And a lot of my journey with this work has been good, trusting what wanted to come what ultimately want it to come through and really, really getting out of out of the way and letting go of the fear of doing something different and something that seemed really out of the box, you know, just like really, really trusting this, this process and being in the integrity of what I was like feeling.” – Malia Luna
- [00:17:15] “If you’re answering your calling, and if you’re saying yes, everything will ultimately reorganize around that to make that possible for you.” – Malia Luna
- [00:18:00] Rebecca discusses her experience with Malia Luna.
- [00:23:21] “I feel that this is something that is at the heart of indigenous wisdom. This deep understanding that spirit and nature, including the body, are very profound technologies. And there’s an incredible alchemical potential in our relationship with these technologies.” – Malia Luna
- [00:25:36] Trauma release through tattooing.
- [00:27:18] Working with sound and vibration in tattoo ceremony.
- [00:28:15] The 101 of safety.
- [00:29:15] The role of pain in ceremonial tattooing.
- [00:29:00] “I feel like a big element of the like, the healing process is revisiting pain and feeling pain. And I feel like feel as much pain as you can handle like you don’t, you don’t need to feel pain if you don’t want to, you know, but if you’re willing to go there, to some degree, pain can help us access… It’s almost like the feeling of like the unlocking of these, like crystallized traumas in our bodies like the pain is like this. cracking open.” – Malia Luna
- [00:32:31] Leave the numbing cream at home.
- [00:35:44] Malia’s journey when facing her shadow self.
- [00:40:11] Malia is a self-taught tattoo artist.
- [00:41:40] Malia explains how she is planning on teaching her modality to others.
- [00:43:20] How to schedule your tattoo ceremony with Malia Luna.
- [00:46:00] Malia shares some closing thoughts.
- [00:50:30] Today’s card reading
- [00:30:36] Episode ends.
People and Resources Mentioned
Visit Malia’s Website
This Consciousness Intuitive Healing Containers
This Consciousness Energy Sessions
This Week’s Card Reading Affirmation
“I consciously create my reality.”
Repeat this affirmation to yourself throughout the week. Feel it and believe it.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment