Creating Consciousness Episode Description
Magic doesn’t have to be mystical. Some of the most useful and practical magic is all around us. Some of it is even as accessible as lying on your back and being guided on a journey within.
In today’s episode of Creating Consciousness, we are joined by Sydney Cutler of Ananda Meditation. Sydney is an LA-based Yoga Nidra Practitioner and one of many Nidra practitioners in the world on a mission to reprogram the stigmas surrounding rest.
Sydney and I go on a deep dive as we chat about how she was intuitively guided to Yoga Nidra, what Yoga Nidra is, and how Yoga Nidra promotes deep cellular healing. Sydney was also kind enough to offer her services to the Creating Consciousness community for free by providing listeners with a free Yoga Nidra experience in a special bonus episode of Creating Consciousness!
If you have a moment, please take this survey to let us know how we can improve your listening experience.
Listen to this episode on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Pandora, iHeartRadio, PlayerFM, or Listen Notes.
If you enjoy this episode, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
P.S. If you DM us a screenshot of your review, we’ll give you a free mini oracle card reading.
- [00:00:38] Podcast begins.
- [00:02:00] The best way to keep up with Rebecca’s offerings and updates with This Consciousness Healing.
- [00:04:25] Let’s have a conscious conversation. Sign up for a FREE call to chat with Rebecca. No business, no sales, no gimmicks. Just a safe space for you and Rebecca to get to know eachother on a conscious level.
- [00:06:21] Rebecca is currently working on a super secret project that is reminiscent of the short and sweet episodes of Creating Consciousness from season 1.
- [00:07:21] Today’s guest is Sydney Cutler of Ananda Medition. Sydney is a Yoga Nidra practitoner. In this episode we deep dive into Sydney’s path to Nidra, the history of Yoga Nidra, and the healing benefits of this transformative practice.
- [00:10:02] Sydney’s spiritual identify. Capricorn Sun. Aquarius Moon. Libra Rising. 4/6 Generator.
- [00:17:35] How Sydney discovered Yoga Nidra after years of feeling stressed, sleep deprived, and her autoimmune struggles.
- [00:18:53] Yoga Nidra is equivalent to 3-4 hours of REM sleep. After hearing this, Sydney was sold. After being consisent with the practice she began to notice some major shifts in her life.
- [00:22:09] Sydney’s training and educational background in Yoga Nidra.
- [00:24:10] Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation practice that is designed to help you come back into your body and rememeber your divine nature. The best part? All you have to do is lie down and be guided. The body relaxes and the mind remains consciously aware–– this is where healing occurs.
- [00:26:17] The history of Yoga Nidra.
- [00:27:13] Yoga Nidra vs. traditional or conventional meditation
- [00:29:47] We live in the beta brainwave states. However, Yoga Nidra takes us on a journey through different brainwaves states, ranging from Beta to Delta
- [00:34:00] Yoga Nidra promotes deep healing as we are in a complete place of surrender.
- [00:35:24] “…This practice helps you to access those abilities again, to trust in, I mean, on the most basic level to trust in the support beneath you, you know, to trust in your yoga mat, or your bed, or wherever it is that you’re resting, to trust in the guidance to trust in in yourself and start to kind of take the long view, you know, pull back your perspective and see the bigger picture.” – Sydney Cutler
- [00:36:37] “I find this to be a very practical, you know, because love and light can be very magical, and it’s in its philosophy and thinking. But I find that meditative practices are, are practical. You know, it’s practical magic. It’s not just magic.” – Sydney Cutler
- [00:37:00] Yoga Nidra is researched back and proven by science to work.
- [00:38:45] Rebecca’s experience with her higher self in a Yoga Nidra class. Sydney then shares an experience a client of hers had while doing Yoga Nidra.
- [00:40:17] Ad. Sponosored by This Consciousness Intuitive Healing. Join an Intuitive Healing Container today.
- [00:46:00] Can’t sleep at night? Here’s how to use tools from Yoga Nidra to sleep better.
- [00:47:00] If you fall asleep in a Yoga Nidra class don’t worry, you are still receiving amazing benefits.
- [00:48:00] You can’t do Yoga Nidra wrong! You also don’t have to be a super flexible Yogi.
- [00:50:01] Yes, we curse on the podcast! Want a chance to curse on the podcast, apply to be a guest here.
- [00:52:25] “We live in a sleep-deprived world.” – Sydney Culter (+ a mini soap box moment that are totally here for).
- [00:54:00] Is Yoga Nidra a form of shadow work?
- [00:58:08] Sydney shares how her depression has become her shadow.
- [00:59:3] Sydney also has a background in social work, but she acknoweldges that social work is based in white saviorism and won’t stand for it.
- [01:01:01] Sydney’s a Gen-Xer. Oh, and Gen Z is going to change the world (It’s the truth, tbh).
- [01:02:00] Episode ends.
- [01:05:20] REST IS NOT LAZY! IT’S JUST CAPITALISM TALKING!
- [01:06:01] Check out the Nap Ministry.
- [01:08:43] Just Rebecca over here unable to pronounce words.
- [01:10:00] How to connect with Sydney! Sign up for her emai list and follow her on Instagram.
- [01:13:15] Today’s Card Reading. Leap of Faith.
- [01:17:14] Episode Ends.
People and Resources Mentioned
This Consciousness Intuitive Healing Containers
Book a free call with Rebecca
Follow Sydney on Instagram
Take a Class with Sydney
Visit the Nap Ministry
This Week’s Card Reading Affirmation
“I trust that with each risk I take, magic is on the other side.
Repeat this affirmation to yourself throughout the week. Feel it and believe it.
+ show Comments
- Hide Comments
add a comment