We all get triggered. We could blame our triggers on other people, the stars, or something that is entirely beyond our control.
But what if we took the time to own up to our triggers? To fully understand what our triggers are teaching us?
In today’s episode of Creating Consciousness, we dive into why we get triggered and what our triggers can teach us about our past trauma and our present state. Rebecca also shares some moments where she was highly triggered and explains what she learned from them.
If you enjoy this episode, please leave us a review on Apple Podcasts!
P.S. If you DM us a screenshot of your review, we’ll send you something special!
- [00:00:38] Podcast begins.
- [00:00:52] Oops, Rebecca’s edible is kicking in while recording the intro for this episode.
- [00:01:35] Okay but why did Rebecca eat an edible? Well because she isn’t meeting her basic human needs and needs sleep. Without sleep, she’s a triggered mess.
- [00:04:51] Surprise: triggers are good!
- [00:05:04] “Although triggers can be incredibly uncomfortable and send you into emotional highs and lows, triggers help you become self aware. They help you become self aware so you are able to consciously understand what you want to change in your life and how you would like to develop and evolve as a soul, as a human being” – Rebecca Wierman
- [00:06:25] Hot Take: When you’re triggered, it’s your fault.
- [00:08:38] Another hot take: time doesn’t heal.
- [00:09:36] “What your triggers and intuition have in common is the ability to awaken a part of yourself that you haven’t learned to listen to, a part of yourself that you haven’t learned to accept.” – Rebecca Wierman
- [00:10:38] Rebecca’s corportate world experience and how she got triggered– but she also learned something about it!
- [00:16:41] When you’re triggered, breathe. Give yourself time to respond rather than react.
- [00:16:51] Just because someone triggers you, it doesn’t mean that you possess that same thing.
- [00:17:19] What do truck nutz have to do with triggers?
- [00:19:26] Want to learn more about your triggers? Spend more time around your family.
- [00:21:52] Rebecca will be back in two weeks for part 2 of this episode to provide you with more information on how you can navigate these triggers when they show up and how you can begin doing the shadow work.
- [00:22:08] No card reading this week, but spend time over the next two weeks to become a conscious observer of yoru triggers.
- [00:23:22] Episode ends.
People and Resources Mentioned
This Consciousness Intuitive Healing Containers
This Consciousness Instagram
Creating Consciousness Instagram (don’t forget to send us a screenshot of your review for a free reading)!
FREEBIE: 10 Shadow Work Prompts To Start Healing
FREEBIE: Energy Healing Meditation
FREEBIE: 5 Tarot Spreads to Bring the Shadow to Light
FREEBIE: Tarot Basics Guidebook